Getting the most out of your Cryoskin sessions
BEFORE AND AFTER CARE TIPS
TIPS FOR CRYOSLIMMING
- Avoid sugars for a minimum of 2 hours before and after your CryoSlimming session. This applies to all carbohydrates and starches including pasta, rice, bread, cereals and fruit. The reason for this is that the cold weakens and retracts the adipocyte (fat storage cell). Consuming sugar may return immediate energy to these cells, thus interrupting the process of cell death or making it less efficient.
- Avoid exercise directly before a session. It will be harder to effectively cool the body if you come straight from a heavy workout.
- Drink a minimum of 1.5 litres of water per day for 14 days following a CryoSlimming session.
- Follow a balanced lifestyle, with a healthy diet and exercise routine for the best results.
- Give your lymphatic system some extra love. Detoxification is almost as important as the Slimming treatment itself. Recommended activities and complementary therapies that support the detox process include:
- Physical activity
- Infrared sauna (optimal is within 72 hours after your CryoSlimming session)
- Float therapy
- Lymphatic drainage massage
- Dry skin brushing
- Detox teas and lemon water
- Compression pants and therapy.
- Results will improve over the following weeks after your session. A series of 5-10 sessions generally will achieve the best results. One session every 6 to 12 months will help maintain them.
- The results of Slimming sessions can be amplified by alternating CryoToning sessions in between Slimming treatments. Speak to us to find out more.
TIPS FOR CRYOTONING
CryoToning is anti-aging at its coolest (literally). The mechanism behind this treatment is boosted blood flow and collagen production which encourages the skin to lift and tighten. As a result skin tone is improved, elasticity and bounce is restored and the appearance of cellulite is often diminished greatly.
There are a few things you can do to optimise your Toning sessions:
- CryoToning is best done in a series and then continued on a maintenance plan. For example, a series of 5-10 intensive treatments each week, then once per month or as needed such as before a holiday or special occasion. Collagen production, cellulite and skin sagging are each ruled in part by the ageing process, which isn’t slowing down. In fact, most experts agree after age 20 collagen production takes a major hit.
- Avoid collagen killers, such as excessive sun exposure, smoking, dehydration, a sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy processed foods or an overly sugary diet. All of these are examples of ways to load the body up with toxins, halt blood flow and impede natural collagen production.
- Take care of yourself! If wellness and anti-aging is important to you, keep yourself hydrated, eat a balanced diet and seriously consider quitting smoking. Some form of daily exercise is highly recommended both for your physical and mental health as well as its impact on signs of ageing.